B9 Creator first print

After a week or so of tinkering I’ve had my first successful print from the B9 Creator v1.2 HD.  This model is capable of 30 micron xy axis, though with quite a small build area at that resolution of 57.6 mm (2.67″) x 32.4 mm (1.28″) x 203.2 mm (8.0″).   By tilting your 3D model you can however print slightly larger objects.

Supports being added in the B9C software
In September I’d had Tebee’s Welshpool & Llanfair Beyer Peacock & Co 0-6-0T printed on a Statasys Objet Eden 260V, at 200 micron xy and 16 micron z.  I figured this print would set a bar to measure against once I’d got the B9 operational.  So far, with a little more tweaking I think the B9 comes out better with less striping and improved detail, the material is also much tougher.
P1170400P1170401

Some jewellers on the B9 Creator forums have been having good results with a 1:1 mix of the B9 Red and Cherry resins, so that is the material I’ve started out with at 30 micron XY and Z.  Over Christmas I’ll be trying the same print with pure Cherry and Spot-HT.  It’s been quite a learning curve to get something productive, mainly because a UV filter hadn’t been removed from the projector assembly which meant to get anything to print I had to use much higher exposure times.  Thankfully B9C support were able to quickly identify the issue and from that point onwards I’ve been able to print using default settings.  I think I’ll try for longer settle times on the next print as I think these will help to reduce some traces of lines in the print where the resin has been curing as its still settling.

P1170405